jQuery-Click IE9 Parsing request failed

12

jQuery-Click IE9 Parsing request failed

Kuhns, John
I'm attempting to use the jQuery-Click add in and am getting this error on rendering a table in IE9, everything works fine in other browsers.

I've found a few references around the web, mostly dealing with Content-Type and special characters, but I'm banging my head against the wall and hope someone out there has a work around....

Thanks,
John

Re: jQuery-Click IE9 Parsing request failed

Bob Schellink
Administrator
Hi John,

Attachments are stripped from these lists. Is it a Click table you are
returning and rendering or your own HTML table?

I recall tables has to have a tbody element. Also check if you are
rendering in standards mode or quirks mode.

regards

Bob

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Kuhns, John <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm attempting to use the jQuery-Click add in and am getting this error on rendering a table in IE9, everything works fine in other browsers.
>
> I've found a few references around the web, mostly dealing with Content-Type and special characters, but I'm banging my head against the wall and hope someone out there has a work around....
>
> Thanks,
> John

RE: jQuery-Click IE9 Parsing request failed

Kuhns, John
Right, a click table, and I'm in standards mode:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

Quirks mode isn't an option. Interestingly enough, the same error occurs on the example page in IE9, but the action completes afterwards.

Thanks,
John

Attachments are stripped from these lists. Is it a Click table you are returning and rendering or your own HTML table?

I recall tables has to have a tbody element. Also check if you are rendering in standards mode or quirks mode.

regards

Bob

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Kuhns, John <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm attempting to use the jQuery-Click add in and am getting this error on rendering a table in IE9, everything works fine in other browsers.
>
> I've found a few references around the web, mostly dealing with Content-Type and special characters, but I'm banging my head against the wall and hope someone out there has a work around....
>
> Thanks,
> John

Re: jQuery-Click IE9 Parsing request failed

Bob Schellink
Administrator
You mean this example?
http://click.avoka.com/click-examples/ajax/table/table-ajax.htm

Works for me in IE9 though?

regards

Bob

On 14/06/2012 15:51 PM, Kuhns, John wrote:

> Right, a click table, and I'm in standards mode:
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
>
> Quirks mode isn't an option. Interestingly enough, the same error occurs on the example page in IE9, but the action completes afterwards.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Hmmm, it works for me too. As I paged through the table yesterday it was throwing up the same parseerror message and then paging. I'll research it more and see if I can find the real problem.

On 14/06/2012 15:51 PM, Kuhns, John wrote:

> Right, a click table, and I'm in standards mode:
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
>
> Quirks mode isn't an option. Interestingly enough, the same error occurs on the example page in IE9, but the action completes afterwards.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Actually, no, this is the example:

http://click-jquery.appspot.com/ajax/table-demo.htm

I need the jQuery-Click, I want to populate the table via Ajax on a select change, then be able to sort and page with Ajax, too. I've tried a few things with no luck so far, I'll keep trying.

Thanks,
John

Hmmm, it works for me too. As I paged through the table yesterday it was throwing up the same parseerror message and then paging. I'll research it more and see if I can find the real problem.

On 14/06/2012 15:51 PM, Kuhns, John wrote:

> Right, a click table, and I'm in standards mode:
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
>
> Quirks mode isn't an option. Interestingly enough, the same error occurs on the example page in IE9, but the action completes afterwards.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Figured it out. The &amp in the column headers was causing msxml to choke. I wrapped the table HTML in CDATA tags and all seems to be working. Below is the essence of the steps I took:

     someSelect.addBehavior(new JQBehavior(JQEvent.CHANGE) {
         @Override
         public ActionResult onAction(Control source, JQEvent event) {
             return updateSomeSelect();
         }
     });
    private ActionResult updateSomeSelect() {
        JQTaconite actionResult = new JQTaconite();
        table.onProcess();
        StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
        sb.append("<![CDATA[");
        sb.append(table.toString());
        sb.append("]]>");
        // get rid of the pagebanner and links, if there
        actionResult.remove(".pagebanner");
        actionResult.remove(".pagelinks");
        // replace the table, the pagebanner and links will be included if configured
        actionResult.replace(table, sb.toString());
        return actionResult;
    }

Thanks,
John

I need the jQuery-Click, I want to populate the table via Ajax on a select change, then be able to sort and page with Ajax, too. I've tried a few things with no luck so far, I'll keep trying.

Thanks,
John

Hmmm, it works for me too. As I paged through the table yesterday it was throwing up the same parseerror message and then paging. I'll research it more and see if I can find the real problem.

On 14/06/2012 15:51 PM, Kuhns, John wrote:

> Right, a click table, and I'm in standards mode:
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
>
> Quirks mode isn't an option. Interestingly enough, the same error occurs on the example page in IE9, but the action completes afterwards.
>
> Thanks,
> John

I think the example you refer to is using an older version of Click, perhaps 2.2.0? I somehow recall
that issue was fixed in Click 2.3.0 but I could be wrong.

Are you seeing the issue with 2.3.0?

regards

Bob

On 14/06/2012 17:56 PM, Kuhns, John wrote:

> Figured it out. The&amp in the column headers was causing msxml to choke. I wrapped the table HTML in CDATA tags and all seems to be working. Below is the essence of the steps I took:

>       someSelect.addBehavior(new JQBehavior(JQEvent.CHANGE) {
>           @Override
>           public ActionResult onAction(Control source, JQEvent event) {
>               return updateSomeSelect();
>           }
>       });
>      private ActionResult updateSomeSelect() {
>          JQTaconite actionResult = new JQTaconite();
>          table.onProcess();
>          StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
>          sb.append("<![CDATA[");
>          sb.append(table.toString());
>          sb.append("]]>");
>          // get rid of the pagebanner and links, if there
>          actionResult.remove(".pagebanner");
>          actionResult.remove(".pagelinks");
>          // replace the table, the pagebanner and links will be included if configured
>          actionResult.replace(table, sb.toString());
>          return actionResult;
>      }
>
> Thanks,
> John

Yes, 2.3 and click-jquery using taconite to update multiple targets. Unless I'm mistaken, you're the owner of that code, although it may be abandoned.

I have a series of drill-down select boxes that are all related to each other in one way or another and a table that I want to replace when some of the selects are changed. Originally I had everything setup using full page refreshes, couldn't figure out a good way around it without writing tons of code until I stumbled on http://code.google.com/p/click-jquery/. I had everything working great in Chrome, went to test in IE and it blew up. Otherwise it seems to work fine, now that I have a workaround for this issue I'll continue developing/testing.

On 14/06/2012 18:59 PM, Kuhns, John wrote:
> Yes, 2.3 and click-jquery using taconite to update multiple targets. Unless I'm mistaken, you're the owner of that code, although it may be abandoned.

Yeah, initially I wanted an API that hid the Javascript. Over time I've changed my mind and decided
I quite like JavaScript (especially using jQuery), for enhancing a web page functionality. Hence I
ended up with this project:
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/ajax4click/

Kind regards

Bob

> I have a series of drill-down select boxes that are all related to each other in one way or another and a table that I want to replace when some of the selects are changed. Originally I had everything setup using full page refreshes, couldn't figure out a good way around it without writing tons of code until I stumbled on http://code.google.com/p/click-jquery/. I had everything working great in Chrome, went to test in IE and it blew up. Otherwise it seems to work fine, now that I have a workaround for this issue I'll continue developing/testing.

I went ahead and upgraded to the latest version of the jQuery Taconite
plugin which should fix the IE9 issue you were seeing.

The latest version of jquery.click.js is here:
code.google.com/p/click-jquery/source/browse/trunk/click-jquery/click-jquery/src/META-INF/resources/click-jquery/jquery.click.js?spec=svn141&r=141

regards

Bob

RE: jQuery-Click IE9 Parsing request failed

Kuhns, John
Thanks Bob, for this and the whole framework.

Bob

Re: jQuery-Click IE9 Parsing request failed

Vinod Tiwari
Hi Bob,

I have similar issue and I am trying to fill dynamic data in select control. Actually there are two Select control based on the selection on first I am filling the data into the second Select control. On all the browsers this is working fine but only IE-9 is having the issue. The error alert I can see is:

"Error.
Parsing Request failed."

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks in Advance,
Vinod

-- Vinod Tiwari | Module Lead m: (+91) 837-400-3035 (HYDERABAD-INDIA)

RE: jQuery-Click IE9 Parsing request failed

pukem
It has information I have been searching for a long time. I hope to find the information here
friv | y8

Re: jQuery-Click IE9 Parsing request failed

minhks
Your story is fun and it looks like an entertaining game, I really liked this and I want to learn more about it as a real lesson so I can send my loved ones so that they as I know, thanks for sharing this interesting and I will always follow and pay attention to the content you post in the future.

 Cool math for kids
 disney cars
 dirt bike games
 basketball games
 batman games
 fighting games
 gun games
 pool games
 pokemon tower defense
 cars games
 Happy wheels
 Kizi

Re: jQuery-Click IE9 Parsing request failed

linuxbasiccommand
Thank you sharing info. I like it.
Jogos 2012 | JOgos Do Kizi | Angry Birds Star Wars

Re: jQuery-Click IE9 Parsing request failed

thienbkls
Kizischool.com.Kizi, Y8, Friv, Yepi, Gazo and all free games online at Kizischool.com. We updating new game every day !

Re: jQuery-Click IE9 Parsing request failed

minhks
Well, the article is actually the sweetest topic on this related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your forthcoming updates.Saying thanks will not just be sufficient.
Ketchup

Re: jQuery-Click IE9 Parsing request failed

mochinolove
publicar gracias a usted mucho, muy buen artículo que lo necesito Gracias por el post. Agradezco la información sobre los comentarios del blog y seguramente va a empezar a buscar a las personas que están usando programas automatizados para hacer publicaciones en el blog de ​​comentarios.

friv | y8

Re: jQuery-Click IE9 Parsing request failed

santakine
Thanks for this article. I am a new blogger so this is very helpful. It’s hard to know how long it takes to make a successful blog, so “being patient” is among some of the best advice you can give. It’s easy to get discouraged when you don’t see movement, but this give me some encouragement.
Friv | Gazo | Yepi | Yepi Games
12