Resigning from Apache Click

Malcolm Edgar
Hi All,

I am resigning from the Apache Click project, as I no longer can make the time available to manage or contribute to this project.

Currently the project development is largely dormant, but there is still a fair amount of community interest.

I would like to encourage the project committers and the community members to take up the mantle get this project moving again.

Alternatively the project will move to the attic, where its source code and distributions will continue to be available.

Best wishes for the future.

regards Malcolm Edgar

Re: Resigning from Apache Click

Bob Schellink
Administrator
Hi Malcolm,

I'd like to thank you for your work the last 10 years on Apache Click. That is a long time of voluntary work :)

Personally I've learned a lot from you, from API designs to performance issues, to docos! I'll always be indebted to you ;-)

All the best.

Kind regards

Bob

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Malcolm Edgar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I am resigning from the Apache Click project, as I no longer can make the time available to manage or contribute to this project.

Currently the project development is largely dormant, but there is still a fair amount of community interest.

I would like to encourage the project committers and the community members to take up the mantle get this project moving again.

Alternatively the project will move to the attic, where its source code and distributions will continue to be available.

Best wishes for the future.

regards Malcolm Edgar

Re: Resigning from Apache Click

aadrian
Hi Malcolm,

I would like to thank you for creating this fantastic and easy to learn framework. This was the first framework that really clicked with me :).

Malcolm Edgar wrote
I would like to encourage the project committers and the community members
to take up the mantle get this project moving again.
We are. Release 2.4.0 is almost ready (just a few issues open) and 3.0.0 it's on it's way on a separate branch now.

All the best wishes,

Adrian.

RE: Resigning from Apache Click

Tamas Balazs
Same here Malcolm, I believe you have created something really meaningful with Apache Click in the area of web development frameworks!

> Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 11:51:17 -0800

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Resigning from Apache Click
>
> Hi Malcolm,
>
> I would like to thank you for creating this fantastic and easy to learn
> framework. This was the first framework that really clicked with me :).
>

> Malcolm Edgar wrote
> > I would like to encourage the project committers and the community members
> > to take up the mantle get this project moving again.
>
> We are. Release 2.4.0 is almost ready (just a few issues open) and 3.0.0
> it's on it's way on a separate branch now.
>

> All the best wishes,
>
> Adrian.

Re: Resigning from Apache Click

Kevin James Baxter

Thank you, Malcolm, for all you have done for the Click framework.

Malcolm Edgar

Re: Resigning from Apache Click

Naoki Takezoe
Hi Malcolm,

I would like to thank you for your work.

Click is a simple and powerful component based framework, it helped us a lot.

I was impressed by the framework like a magic when I found Click Framework
at first, because it provides the event driven programming model, although it's
very thin and simple.

I believe the framework should be simple as much as possible even if it provides
rich or complex features. It should not be a black-box for developers. I learned
that it's possible from Click Framework.

Sorry because I couldn't contribute after we moved to ASF enough.

All the best!

--
Naoki Takezoe