Fieldsets ETA?

Geoff Hopson
I see fieldsets are in the TODO list. Any ETA on these? Reason for asking is
that I have to produce something akin to the repeating groups idea on the wForms
example page (see other threads for link). That jscript plus fieldset support
will help me no end.

Best wishes
geoff

Re: Fieldsets ETA?

Malcolm Edgar-2
Hi Geoff,

probably looking like the end of this month.

I will probably put out a small release (0.11) early next week which
will include:
* Form <-> DAO autoloading
* Menu component
* compression fix

And have a (0.12) release around the end of the month which will include
  the FieldSet control.

regards Malcolm

Re: Fieldsets ETA?

Geoff Hopson
Malcolm Edgar <malcolm.edgar <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Geoff,
>
> probably looking like the end of this month.
>
> I will probably put out a small release (0.11) early next week which
> will include:
> * Form <-> DAO autoloading
> * Menu component
> * compression fix
>
> And have a (0.12) release around the end of the month which will include
>   the FieldSet control.
>
> regards Malcolm

We have been playing around with the form macros to put in our own fieldset
"look and feel" (love those legends around boxes), but having full Click support
will be extremely useful, Can't wait! Almost as exciting as the cricket. :-)

Thanks for the feedback
Geoff

Re: Fieldsets ETA?

Malcolm Edgar-2
If you have any macros you want to throw over the fence that would be
great starting point.

cheers Malcolm

Re: Fieldsets ETA?

Malcolm Edgar-2
Regarding the cricket, I cant say I follow it but I think its great the
Brits won. First the World Cup, now the Ashes :)

cheers Malcolm

Re: Fieldsets ETA?

Ahmed Mohombe
> If you have any macros you want to throw over the fence that would be
> great starting point.
I think(if I'm not wrong) there is a simple solution:

One could apply the macro for the autolayout on the fieldset itself too, so
a fieldset would behave basically like a form from the layout point of view,
so like a container for the fields that are 'placed inside'.
The form would than threat the fieldsets and the fields that are outside of
a fieldset as normal fields/controls from a layout point of view (e.g. form.setColumns(2),
would mean to have 2 columns of fieldsets and/or fields outside fieldsets).

Even more, Form and FieldSet could implement a "Layoutable" interface since the method
signature would be the same and the user would need to learn  only the Layoutable interface
in order to control the layout.
If this concept proves to be good, it could be extended/used to all the 'containers'.

Does this makes sens and it's simple or did I understood something wrong regarding
how the autolayout works?

Thanks in advance,

Ahmed.