Context vs ClickContext

Malcolm Edgar-2
Hi All,

Phil raised the issue a while ago about whether the Click Context object
would be better named as ClickContext.

I thought the shorter the name the better, but Phil pointed out that
there is lot of Context named objects including: Velocity Context, JNDI
Context etc.

This is a bit of a straw poll, if people have a strong opinion for
ClickContext I can rename it, otherwise it will stay as is

regards Malcolm Edgar

Re: Context vs ClickContext

Ahmed Mohombe
> Phil raised the issue a while ago about whether the Click Context object
> would be better named as ClickContext.
>
> I thought the shorter the name the better, but Phil pointed out that
> there is lot of Context named objects including: Velocity Context, JNDI
> Context etc.
>
> This is a bit of a straw poll, if people have a strong opinion for
> ClickContext I can rename it, otherwise it will stay as is
If you let the method getContext() unchanged (since this is what most of the users
need - and existing code should work) than it might make sense for newbies that work with Notepad or
other editors like that.

Modern IDEs however offer the list of Contexts with packages for completion/import, so
usually there's no confusion. Besides the class diagram from the click-documentation is very
clean and clear :) (and in the case of a change it would need an update too).

Ahmed.