Click goes to ATTIC or developed more?

Andrei-4
I read on click dev list that Click can go to ATTIC or developed more
What will it be?
Thanks

Re: Click goes to ATTIC or developed more?

Ernesto Celis
On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Andrei <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I read on click dev list that Click can go to ATTIC or developed more
> What will it be?

Just like the email in the development list says, the project lacks
enough people to keep it going and the attic is an stage before
closing down the project.

The email also states that if enough Click users are willing to take
on the project development it could be put in icubating stage (again)
instead of going to the attic.

--
Saludos

Ernesto Celis de la Fuente
http://expressit.celisdelafuente.net

Re: Click goes to ATTIC or developed more?

Chris Kruger
Not being familiar with the apache project policies and guidelines, how many active developers are we talking about to keep the project alive? Or is it judged more on a case by case basis?

Chris K.
@krugerheavyindustries.com

> On 19 Apr 2014, at 2:56 am, Ernesto Celis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Andrei <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I read on click dev list that Click can go to ATTIC or developed more
>> What will it be?
>
> Just like the email in the development list says, the project lacks
> enough people to keep it going and the attic is an stage before
> closing down the project.
>
> The email also states that if enough Click users are willing to take
> on the project development it could be put in icubating stage (again)
> instead of going to the attic.
>
>> Thanks
>

> --
> Saludos
>
> Ernesto Celis de la Fuente
> http://expressit.celisdelafuente.net

Serialized PageLink...

Tamas Balazs
I was trying to attach a PageLink instance to a session object, but Tomcat logged an error as apache.click.Context is not Serializable.

The question: would it be possible/worthwhile to implement Serializable in the  apache.click.Context or by implementing this interface would open up additional options for unnecessary bugs? I am currently passing PageLink parameters as primitives to a session-object and re-create the PageLink on-the-fly...

Thank you all.

Tamas

> Subject: Re: Click goes to ATTIC or developed more?

> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 08:15:44 +0800
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Not being familiar with the apache project policies and guidelines, how many active developers are we talking about to keep the project alive? Or is it judged more on a case by case basis?
>
> Chris K.
> @krugerheavyindustries.com
>
> > On 19 Apr 2014, at 2:56 am, Ernesto Celis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Andrei <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> I read on click dev list that Click can go to ATTIC or developed more
> >> What will it be?
> >
> > Just like the email in the development list says, the project lacks
> > enough people to keep it going and the attic is an stage before
> > closing down the project.
> >
> > The email also states that if enough Click users are willing to take
> > on the project development it could be put in icubating stage (again)
> > instead of going to the attic.
> >
> >> Thanks
> >

> > --
> > Saludos
> >
> > Ernesto Celis de la Fuente
> > http://expressit.celisdelafuente.net

Re: Click goes to ATTIC or developed more?

Ernesto Celis
On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 7:15 PM, Chris Kuger
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not being familiar with the apache project policies and guidelines, how many active developers are we talking about to keep the project alive? Or is it judged more on a case by case basis?
>
> Chris K.
> @krugerheavyindustries.com
>
>> On 19 Apr 2014, at 2:56 am, Ernesto Celis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Andrei <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I read on click dev list that Click can go to ATTIC or developed more
>>> What will it be?

I am not sure, I'm only a Click user. You should post in development
mailing list about it.

The same email you read (in devel mailing list) has a link to the
attic policy and also states that the (development) mailing list will
be watched over in the next month in case someone steps in to keep
Click development going.

Personally, I have a few apps which rely on Click for the UI, but I
don't see a need to develop Click too much further, but would be
healthy to keep it alive IMHO.

Ernesto Celis de la Fuente
http://expressit.celisdelafuente.net

Re: Click goes to ATTIC or developed more?

Andrei-4
What is a good alternative for me to switch to if i liked click?

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 5:06 AM, Ernesto Celis
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 7:15 PM, Chris Kuger
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Not being familiar with the apache project policies and guidelines, how many active developers are we talking about to keep the project alive? Or is it judged more on a case by case basis?
>>
>> Chris K.
>> @krugerheavyindustries.com

> I am not sure, I'm only a Click user. You should post in development
> mailing list about it.
>
> The same email you read (in devel mailing list) has a link to the
> attic policy and also states that the (development) mailing list will
> be watched over in the next month in case someone steps in to keep
> Click development going.
>
> Personally, I have a few apps which rely on Click for the UI, but I
> don't see a need to develop Click too much further, but would be
> healthy to keep it alive IMHO.
>

>>> Just like the email in the development list says, the project lacks
>>> enough people to keep it going and the attic is an stage before
>>> closing down the project.
>>>
>>> The email also states that if enough Click users are willing to take
>>> on the project development it could be put in icubating stage (again)
>>> instead of going to the attic.

>>> --
>>> Saludos
>>>
>>> Ernesto Celis de la Fuente
>>> http://expressit.celisdelafuente.net
>

> --
> Saludos
>
> Ernesto Celis de la Fuente
> http://expressit.celisdelafuente.net

Re[2]: Click goes to ATTIC or developed more?

Ingie
Switch?
There is no development for last 2 or 3 years. Nothing changes. Just use it. It works. ;)

Kind regards,
Mikhail

<celisdelafuente@...> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 7:15 PM, Chris Kuger
> <chris.kruger@...> wrote:
>> Not being familiar with the apache project policies and guidelines, how many active developers are we talking about to keep the project alive? Or is it judged more on a case by case basis?
>>
>> Chris K.
>> @krugerheavyindustries.com

> I am not sure, I'm only a Click user. You should post in development
> mailing list about it.
>
> The same email you read (in devel mailing list) has a link to the
> attic policy and also states that the (development) mailing list will
> be watched over in the next month in case someone steps in to keep
> Click development going.
>
> Personally, I have a few apps which rely on Click for the UI, but I
> don't see a need to develop Click too much further, but would be
> healthy to keep it alive IMHO.
>

>>> Just like the email in the development list says, the project lacks
>>> enough people to keep it going and the attic is an stage before
>>> closing down the project.
>>>
>>> The email also states that if enough Click users are willing to take
>>> on the project development it could be put in icubating stage (again)
>>> instead of going to the attic.

>>> --
>>> Saludos
>>>
>>> Ernesto Celis de la Fuente
>>> http://expressit.celisdelafuente.net
>

> --
> Saludos
>
> Ernesto Celis de la Fuente
> http://expressit.celisdelafuente.net

Fwd: Serialized PageLink...

gilbertoca
Hi, Tamas! You need to create a different topic when posting on mail list - I did it for you right now :)!

>I was trying to attach a PageLink instance to a session object, but Tomcat logged an error as >apache.click.Context is not Serializable.

Click is a stateless framework. Quoting the documentation:

Control state is not saved and restored automatically by Click. Instead, state saving and restoring is under full control of the developer through a public API.

As you can see from the Stateful interface's doc, several controls implements that contract and using the "Search Table Page" example as a reference you can implement your use case.

Hth,

Gilberto

RE: Serialized PageLink...

Tamas Balazs
Thank you Gilberto - I managed to develop a bad habit of managing control states without using the benefits of using the Stateful interface:).

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 08:53:35 -0300
Subject: Fwd: Serialized PageLink...
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]